Sunday, November 27, 2011

Launching Links With Google Chrome In Incognito Mode

The other night I was fiddling around with Google Chrome. It occured to me that it would be a great thing to be able to click a link on a web page or from Twitter and it not show up in my history...

No not because of that!

Anyway, the only help I could find on the subject was for Ubuntu and since I run Winders XP, it was less then helpful.  So with out futrther ado..

Goto My Computer -> Tools -> File Types and find and hight "URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol"

Click Advanced

Blog1
In the new window click on Edit

Blog2
"In Application used to preform action" (Path where Chrome is stored) add everything after the "--" (including the dash dash)

"C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --incognito "%1"

Then fore good measure type --incognito "%1" in DDE Message blank. Click on OK untill you are back a My Computer and you are done! 

The next time you click on a link it should open in Incognito Mode. Enjoy.

Posted via email from Musings, Ramblings and Other Assorted Rubbish

No comments: